This webinar, delivered by Moore Barlow, will consider specific safeguarding considerations required when working with and supporting children and young people with special educational needs and disabilites (SEND). The hour-long webinar will include:
– What constitutes safeguarding, and why should it differ for young people with special educational needs and disabilities?
– What is covered in SEND?
– Safeguarding framework – education
– Safeguarding framework – out of school settings (sports clubs, youth groups, charities etc)
– Reasonable adjustment
– Lessons from the education sector
– Support for raising awareness and understanding of volunteers
– Signposting to guidance (statutory and non-statutory) and any other recommended resources.