- Event Date1 Jul, 2021 - 1 Jul, 2021
- Event Time11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event PriceRefer to description
This webinar, delivered by Moore Barlow, will consider specific safeguarding considerations required when working with and supporting children and young people with special educational needs and disabilites (SEND). The hour-long webinar will include:
– What constitutes safeguarding, and why should it differ for young people with special educational needs and disabilities?
– What is covered in SEND?
– Safeguarding framework – education
– Safeguarding framework – out of school settings (sports clubs, youth groups, charities etc)
– Reasonable adjustment
– Lessons from the education sector
– Support for raising awareness and understanding of volunteers
– Signposting to guidance (statutory and non-statutory) and any other recommended resources.