The Safety-Critical Systems Symposium in 2022 (SSS’22) will be held in Bristol and blended online as a live-streamed event. This event comprises three days of live presented papers, including keynote presentations and submitted papers. There will also be an evening session on the Wednesday with additional talks.
This is our 30th Symposium and will feature talks looking back at the past 30 years, and also special anniversary events. This event will be run in-person in Bristol at the Bristol Royal Marriott hotel and also through the SCSC website and the Whova application.
The Symposium is for all of those in the field of systems safety, including engineers, managers, consultants, students, researchers and regulators. It offers wide-ranging coverage of current safety topics, focussed on industrial experience. It includes recent developments in the field and progress reports from the SCSC Working Groups. It covers all safety-related sectors including aerospace, defence, health, highways, marine, nuclear and rail.
The symposium features are:
• Six keynote presentations and submitted papers;
• Updates from the SCSC Working Groups;
• Audience participation and submitted questions.
And for in-person delegates in Bristol:
• A 30th anniversary banquet with after-dinner speaker;
• Proceedings book hardcopy;
• Anniversary book with specially selected articles from the SCSC Newsletter and additional introductory text;
• Special commemorative beer (or other non-alcoholic beverage) designed and commissioned for the symposium;
• Social events on the Wednesday in Bristol.
The symposium is a regular event and fosters a community spirit in the field: it is a great place to network, learn about the latest practice in safety and develop new business contacts.