- Event Date7 Jul, 2021 - 9 Jul, 2021
- Event Time1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Event PriceRefer to description
Nurses comprise over 50% of the global healthcare workforce, and have an important role in bringing the benefits of genomics to patients. Despite this, genomics has not been systematically incorporated into nursing teaching curricula, and there have been no significant changes in nursing practice that bring genomics into day-to-day health care.
The inaugural conference aims to address these concerns by focusing on pathways and resources to integrate genomics into clinical practice and nursing education.
Overall the conference will focus on three strategic areas:
– Methods of achieving genomic competency, implementation, and integration into the practice setting, academic preparation, regulatory guidance and policy
– Mechanisms for international collaborative efforts on nursing genomic integration and evidence-based research
– International genomic nursing competencies, genomic integration assessment tool (ASIGN), and the G2NA implementation roadmap
This conference will bring together nurses and educators interested in mainstreaming genomics in the areas of education, practice, policy, research and leadership.
The online format will include presentations from international leaders, panel discussions and debates. Sessions will run in afternoons for Europe and Africa | mornings for the Americas, enabling practitioners from across the globe to take part.